Tuesday 22 June 2010

Four go home, four go forward

And so the cull begins. Four teams have left the tournament today, and my little experiment has only a few days left to run. I've been reasonably pleased with my results so far, which numerically have fit in with my expectations, considering the number of games that have not gone to form.

Today's Results:
Group A: France v South Africa, I expected a draw, but South Africa managed a win against 10-man France. 
Mexico v Uruguay - I was correct in saying this would be a narrow Uruguay win. So Mexico and Uruguay go through.
Group B: Greece v Argentina - Greece came to stifle the game, and largely succeeded. But Argentina finally broke the deadlock with two goals in the last 10 minutes.
Nigeria v South Korea - A back and forth game. Nigeria led, then South Korea struck back before Nigeria finally equalised to upset my prediction. Argentina and South Korea go through.

Tomorrow's matches.
Group C: Slovenia v England, USA v Algeria. I have extreme difficulty with this one. My heart says England will come good (and surprisingly they are the bookies favourite to top the group), but my head says Slovenia will win. I fully expect the USA to dispatch Algeria with no problem.
Group D: Australia v Serbia, Ghana v Germany. This prediction lark should be getting easier, but I'm finding exactly the opposite. If Serbia win, they will qualify. I expect Serbia to do exactly that. As for Ghana and Germany, I wouldn't bet against Germany in this one. So four games with no draws.

Results so far:
Week 1 - 11/20 Correct
Day 8 - 1/3 Correct
Day 9 - 1/3 Correct
Day 10 - 2/3 Correct
Day 11 - 3/3 Correct
Day 12 - 2/4 Correct
Total Score - 20/36 = 55%

No comments:

Post a Comment