Sunday 20 June 2010

Maintaining an average - just!

The shocks just keep coming, making any form of prediction very tricky. Today it was the turn of Italy (again!) to provide a major shock by failing to beat one of the rank outsiders, New Zealand.

Slovakia v Paraguay - I managed to predict this correctly - Paraguay are one of the dark horses of the tournament, and could go a long way.
Italy v New Zealand - After this draw, Italy are in danger of missing qualification for the next round, and are also severely damaging my success rate too.
Brazil v Ivory Coast - A scintillating (and at times rugged) match in which, as predicted, Braizil came out winners. And that just about keeps my success rate above the 50% mark.

Tomorrow's games:
Portugal v North Korea - I've drawn both these teams in our office sweepstake. For the sake of longevity, its a Portugal win for me.
Chile v Switzerland - There's nothing to separate these two sides in the tournament so far, but I think Chile will just scrape through a closely fought game as victors.
Spain v Honduras - Both sides lost their first game, but I suspect Spain will now come good. A comfortable Spain win.

Results so far:

Week 1 - 11/20 Correct
Day 8 - 1/3 Correct
Day 9 - 1/3 Correct
Day 10 - 2/3 Correct
Total Score - 15/29 = 51%

No comments:

Post a Comment