Friday 22 April 2011

Testing 123

For a few months now, I've been playing with an iPad (mk1 64gb 3G). Of course, there's a learning curve and I wanted to find a tool that would allow me to post to my various blogs using the iPad.

It seems there are very few apps that allow you to do this to both Wordpress and Blogger.com with any success. One such is BlogPress, the app I'm using to compose this post. Or at least, so it says on the box. I have singularly failed to get it to connect to any of the Wordpress.com blogs that I contribute to, even using the suggested xmlrpc.php address in the WP support pages.

It also seems from my sparse research that no app allows for WYSIWYG editing, so I'll have to see how this comes out. Certainly, the Wordpress app that I've also tried requires all the HTML code to be entered directly, which is a real pain on the iPad keyboard, especially as I'm no touch typist, though this might be an advantage, given the lack of tactile feedback on the iPad keyboard.


4 comments:

  1. Ah! It seems basic text with para breaks is acceptable. That'll do me for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume that it's http://ios.wordpress.org/ you were trying to use with Wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Blogsy - supposedly a wysiwyg blogging tool http://appsforipads.net/ipad-productivity-apps/blogging-app-for-ipads

    IIt's $2.99 on iTunes but before you commit you could perhaps ahve a look at the how to setup videos they have created for it to see if it might cover something in the setup you haven't tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Phil. I'm now fully apped up! Blogsy, BlogPress and WordPress, all installed and finally connected and configured. Between those three I should be able to get something out!

    ReplyDelete