Tuesday 15 June 2010

Another decent day's results

Another three games completed, another two correct predictions.

New Zealand v Slovakia - I went for the draw, and New Zealand didn't disappoint, scoring an equaliser in the last minute to earn their first ever World Cup Finals point.
Ivory Coast v Portugal - Ended goalless after a real cat and mouse tactical game. Portugal coming closest to breaking the deadlock by hitting the post. My side bet of Drogba getting a penalty also failed to materialise, although he did put in an appearance in teh second half.
Brazil v N Korea - "The second 'given' of the tournament for me. It has to be Brazil". And so it proved to be, Brazil scoring two goals in the second half.

Tomorrow sees the last of the combatants enter the fray, and the first of the second round of games. With the first round results as a guide, it'll be interesting to see what effect, if any, that has on my predictions.

Honduras v Chile - I'll go for the Draw here, I can't separate these two at the moment.
Spain v Switzerland - Spain are favourites to win the tournament. Switzerland could put up stiff opposition though. I'll go for another cagey Draw (but might change my mind before the match starts!)
South Africa v Uruguay - The first of the second round of matches. Both drew their opening matches, so will need to go for the win. I'll take the Home banker here and a South Africa win.

Results so far:

Day 1 - 0/2 correct
Day 2 - 2/3 correct
Day 3 - 3/3 correct
Day 4 - 1/3 correct
Day 5 - 2/3 correct
Total score - 8/14= 57%

No comments:

Post a Comment