Friday 11 June 2010

An experiment begins…

I’m sitting here watching the World Cup in play on TV, so I guess it’s time for a little experiment into randomness and my imperfections.

Over the next couple of weeks, I’m going to try to predict the results of the Group matches, on a Win/Draw/Lose basis. My predictions will not be based upon any deep statistical analysis, but on a ‘gut feel’ after browsing the pundits’ headlines. I’m no football tactician, though I do enjoy watching the Beautiful Game.

So, here we are on the opening day and there are two games today, the first is already over. Prior to the game, I fancied Mexico to beat the hosts South Africa, I was wrong, the result was a draw, although the stats on the BBC suggest that Mexico did indeed have the better of the possession and goal attempts.

The other game today is Uruguay v France. I strongly fancied Uruguay in this game, but as half time approaches, France have had the better of play so far, We’ll see what happens…

Experiment Results so far:
Predictions:2   Correct: 0   Incorrect: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment