Wednesday 16 June 2010

Oh dear me!

Oh dear me, oh dear me, oh dear me! A totally calamitous day on my part in which I couldn't have done worse if I'd spun a coin for each result. Am I psychic as a plank, or just a jinx? Or both?

Honduras v Chile - I predicted the Draw, Chile snatched it by a single goal.
Spain v Switzerland - I went for a 'cagey' Draw but Spain were well and truly caught on the hop, and Switzerland upset the form book with their scrambled goal.
South Africa v Uruguay - Forlan made the difference with 2 goals, and a harsh sending off of the SA goalie made it a breeze for Uruguay.

So all the teams have now played and the tournament begins to get interesting. Let's see if I can improve my sub-par performance so far.

Tomorrow's games:
Argentina v South Korea - Both with a win to their name, but Argentina should easily outclass the Koreans here.
Greece v Nigeria - A tough one to call, but I'll stick with the Europeans and give this one to Greece.
France v Mexico - I believe France will be a major disappointment this year, Mexico will narrowly win this, having shown more hunger in their first game compared to France.
 
Results so far:

Day 1 - 0/2 correct
Day 2 - 2/3 correct
Day 3 - 3/3 correct
Day 4 - 1/3 correct
Day 5 - 2/3 correct
Day 6 - 0/3 correct
Total score - 8/17= 47%

No comments:

Post a Comment