Saturday 12 June 2010

It's a funny old game!

Day 2 of the great experiment, and I'm not off to a very good start. Day 2 of this year's World Cup sees 3 games played. I'll take these one by one.

First up at lunchtime is South Korea v Greece. I think this is a fairly simple choice, and it's Greece all the way for me on this one, remembering their 2004 win in the European Championship.

The afternoon match is Argentina v Nigeria. This is a bit more difficult to read, but I think Messi will make the difference (assuming he plays).  close game, but Argentina to shade it.

Which brings us to the big one in the evening: England v USA, There's been a lot of hype written about this game, and given England's propensity for royally cocking things up, this really could go either way, by a big margin. I'm going to be slightly disloyal here,even while wearing my replica England shirt while watching the match, and predict a closely fought draw.

Results so far:

Mexico v South Africa. Prediction Mexico. Result Draw = Wrong
Uruguay v France. Prediction Uruguay. Result Draw = Wrong
0/2

South Korea v Greece. Prediction Greece
Argentina v Nigeria. Prediction Argentina
England v USA. Prediction Draw

No comments:

Post a Comment