Monday 14 June 2010

Day 4 results

Day 4, and another day of mixed fortunes - I knew the good streak wouldn't last!

Holland let me down by beating Denmark, but then Japan upset the form book to record a win against Cameroon. Meanwhile Italy the current holders are being tipped in some quarters to retain the title, but I doubt it on this showing. They also let me down, only managing a draw with Paraguay, despite a frantic 30 minutes effort after they grabbed the equaliser.

Tomorrow's games see the two teams I've drawn in our office sweep in action for the first time: Portugal and N Korea. I honestly can't see either of them winning the tournament.

Tuesday's predictions:

New Zealand v Slovakia - a pure guess based on never having seen New Zealand play - I'm going for a Draw here.
Ivory Coast v Portugal - I have to back Portugal to win this, though I expect Drogba (if playing) to fall over for a penalty.
Brazil v N Korea - The second 'given' of the tournament for me. It has to be Brazil.

Results so far:

Day 1 - 0/2 correct
Day 2 - 2/3 correct
Day 3 - 3/3 correct
Day 4 - 1/3 correct
Total score - 6/11= 54%

No comments:

Post a Comment