Saturday 19 June 2010

First exit. Bye bye Cameroon

It would appear that the form book (or at least, my version of it!) has been thrown out of the window, or is largely being ignored at this World Cup. My prediction percentage rate is falling with each passing day now. Maybe I'm just losing interest after the England (non) performance yesterday?

Netherlands v Japan - A single goal separated these teams in the end, but not in the way I forecast. A miss.
Ghana v Australia - I was right in that the Roos will go home from the tournament very disappointed. But Ghana failed to capitalise on the penalty that drew them level.
Cameroon v Denmark - A fascinating game, and my prediction that both would go for it guns blazing appears to have been correct. But Cameroon's last game in the group will be academic - they're on their way home after the Group stage following Denmark's win.

Tomorrow's games:
Slovakia v Paraguay - Honours are even all round in Group F so far, but I expect Paraguay to win this one comfortably.
Italy v New Zealand - Italy must improve, and will do so starting with this match I believe. Thus resolving the Group F deadlock.
Brazil v Ivory Coast - Brazil will be no match for the Africans. Another South American victory.

Results so far:
Week 1 - 11/20 Correct
Day 8 - 1/3 Correct
Day 9 - 1/3 Correct
Total Score - 13 /26 = 50%

No comments:

Post a Comment